Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lilly Pad Designs. How to order.

It is simple....

Step One.
Pick out your design.

I make the following items on a regular basis, but please ask if you have something else in mind and I will do my best to help you design a unique outfit.

Reversible Pinafore

Take a look at this modern twist, super-cute pinafore. You can layer the pinafore over a long sleeve onesie, turtleneck, pants or jeans for a cute wintertime outfit. It can also be worn alone in the summer with shorts, bloomers or a skirt. And don't forget...it is completely reversible, so it is like getting two tops in one.

Also a great apron or smock......but maybe a little too cute....

Available in 12 months, 18 months, 2T, 3T and 4T

Cost is $12.00 plus the cost of fabric. If item is shipped there is also a $3.00 shipping and handling charge.

Halter Dress or Top

What little girl wouldn't love to twirl in this great dress?

This is an a-line halter dress that ties at the neck and has elastic to eliminate any drooping or sagging. Like all of my items you can choose the fabric for a one of a kind look for your little girl. This item can also be shorten to create a top.

This item is available as shown in 12 months, 2T, 3T and 4T. A v-neck version in sizes 4, 6, and 8.

Cost is $15.00 plus the cost of fabric. If the item is shipped there is a $3.00 shipping and handling charge.

Shorts and Pants.

I have several patterns for elastic waist shorts and pants in a variety of sizes. They can be made with coordinating fabric to match halter tops, or appliquéd t-shirts.

Cost is $12.00 plus the cost of fabric. If item is shipped there is a $3.00 shipping and handling charge.

Appliquéd T-shirts

The possibilities are endless.... The pictures shown here are just a few ideas for an appliquéd t-shirt. I can do many different fonts for initials and designs. And like I mentioned above matching elastic waist shorts or pants can be made to coordinate with a shirt. Does yous daughter like butterflies? Does your son love dinosaurs? Let me know and I'll help you design and outfit for them!

The appliqué is heat fused to the t-shirt and then hand-sewn for a unique look. I also use fray block around the edges, but slight fraying may occur. I believe this just gives the shirt character.

Cost is $15.00 plus the cost of the t-shirt. I use American Apparel shirts and have been very pleased with their quality. The shirts average $7.00 each and come in infant, youth and children's sizes. The fabric for the appliqué is included as long as I have it available in my massive bin of scrap fabric. There will be an extra charge for special order fabric.

Step Two. Pick out your fabric.

This if the fun part!

I order most of the fabric I use from on-line sources. I use quality fabric from some of the best fabric designers. The price per yard usually starts at $8.00 and can go up from there. Most of the items I create require at least one yard of fabric and I prefer sewing on 100% cotton. Once you pick your item and tell me the size I will tell you how much fabric is needed to complete it. I keep a small inventory of fabric on hand and can e-mail pictures of it to you. If you don't see anything you like just tell me and I'll send you the web addresses of several sources. I am constantly ordering new fabric.

Step Three.

After all the selections are made I will send an invoice for you to review and approve. The invoice will itemize the fabric and construction costs. Once you confirm the order I will request payment by e-mail via PayPal. If you are a friend or family member and I have agreed to accept a personal check I will send you an e-mail with my mailing address.

Step Four.

Now it is my turn to get busy sewing. As soon as I complete your item I will mail it to you, or make arrangements for local delivery.

If you have questions please feel free to e-mail me at rourkmar@charter.net

No comments: