Tuesday, January 15, 2013

From the back...

 My little man is growing up.  Far too often he tells me, "Stop bothering me."  "Leave me alone."  We recently went walking at Conestee Park and Ryan insisted on being out in front the entire time.  If I tried to walk with him he'd look over his shoulder and say, "Stop following me."  or "You're too close." and then run a few steps to increase the distance between the two of us.  I suppose some parents would be sad by this, but I am proud of the independence I see emerging from him.  I am proud that he can speak his mind even if I don't always like what he says to me.  I couldn't help but laugh the other day when he told me school was boring and that he wanted to do something different because he'd already done that.  Okay, so his exact words were, "This is boring.  Already done it."  And you know what?  I was proud of that, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: