Sunday, May 18, 2008

He's the best.

While I was getting the bad news from Sears Rourk was out in the yard working. Of course I went looking for him after I got off the phone because I knew he'd give me a little sympathy. Oh, but he did so much more. He told me that he'd go get the sewing machine if I found it in stock in Spartanburg or Anderson. I was hesitant at first and told him that I wanted to cool off a bit and decide from there, but he kept urging me to call.

In the end I did call, and the Anderson store had two in stock. I even had the sales associate walk out on the floor and confirm this. I sheepishly told Rourk the news all the while thinking he shouldn't have to drive to Anderson, but at the same time wanting him too. He smiled and said he go as soon as he finished mowing the lawn.

My dear, sweet, best in the whole-wide-world husband then drove to Anderson to pick up the long-awaited sewing machine.

No comments: