I studied the patterns and the instructions last week and decided my first attempt would be the dress on the cover, but for some reason at the very last minutes I decided to make the one on the right in this picture.

The first step was to trace the pattern on to wax paper. It took almost an hour to figure out how to cut out the white inset on the bodice of the dress. It was during this process that I decided to pull out some inexpensive fabric and make a dress with it first. It took three more hours to sew the rest of the dress together. (For those of you that are wondering when I find the time. I started at eight last night and didn't finish until eleven. The kids were asleep.) It was a challenge and that's putting it mildly. I was able to figure it out because each pattern has detailed drawing like this one.

Here it is....


Here's a shot of Lilly modeling for me.

And here's one of her screaming her head off because Ryan barged in on her photo shoot.

Now I plan to make make one with more traditional fabrics. I am thinking about a cream colored linen, or muslin trimmed in black. I may even embroider something from Sublime Stitching at the hem.
3 comments:
So can you make the dress on the cover in my size??? Those are both very cute. Lilly is stunning, as usual.
And I have a friend who speaks Japanese if you ever find yourself in that predicament again!
I was thinking the same thing Jen said about the dress.
You'll have to report back how your project is proceeding!
I keep looking at the design of that top dress. I've decided it would hide that baby bulge mamas have that no positive lifestyle choices can ever make go away, no matter what. Marcy, you may be onto something...
Post a Comment