I have been away from the computer for several days now. It has been extremely busy. Last week I had two extra kids in the house. Babysitting a three year old and a seven year old plus Ryan and sometimes Lilly took constant vigiliance on my part.
Then Thursday we took the kids to Asheville, North Carolina to enjoy a little rest and relaxation. We stayed at a hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool and our only plan was to enjoy ourselves. The kids loved it. I was a bit concerned that it would be too much for Lilly, but I was wrong. She was jumping off the side and into our arms before the weekend was over. Ryan was too and even "swam" a little on his own. We had him in a life jacket and by Friday afternoon he was letting go of us and kicking his feet enough to propel himself several feet through the water.
And guess what else? We ate in a restuarant. Yes, we decided to go out to dinner and yes, we took the kids with us. We didn't leave them at the hotel!! I am sure some of you are wondering what's the big deal--well, I am pretty certain that's the first time we've eaten in a restuarant with the kids this year. We just quit doing it after one too many fiascos. I am happy to say that all and all it was a success, but I don't think we'll be making a habit of it. Don't want to push our luck!
1 comment:
Oh, you are brave, brave people.
Glad you had a good time on your mini-vacation! Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment